Breakfast is definitely the easiest meal to skip. I often find that I have time to make breakfast, but sometimes I run out of time to sit and eat it. We all know how unpredictable and hectic school mornings can get!
I like to have some healthy cookies or muffins baked up on a Sunday for these mornings on the run. They are also a great healthy snack option, and school lunchbox filler.
These low FODMAP Breakfast Cookies are a great low FODMAP Breakfast option. They are also gluten free and vegan. Recipe has been approved as low FODMAP by the team of expert dietitians from the Fodmap Friendly Food Program.
200g Nourished by Carms Original FODMAP Friendly Granola
3/4 Freedom Foods Rice Puffs
1/3 cup rice malt syrup
1 tbsp buckwheat flour
1 tsp vanilla essence
1. Preheat oven to 150 degrees and line large tray with baking paper.
2. Blitz granola and flour together in a food processor until the mixture resembles crumbs. Transfer to a bowl and stir through the rice puffs.
3. Combine nuttelex, rice malt syrup, salt and vanilla in a saucepan and stir over low heat. Once melted, allow to gently simmer for a couple of minutes.
4. Combine wet ingredients with granola mix.
5. Using wet hands, roll heaped tablespoons of granola into balls and place on tray and gently flatten.
6. Bake for approx 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes 8 large cookies or 16 small ones.